Saturday 30 June 2012

Sweet Like Tropicana

In my post about my last week in Manchester I talked about Pangaea, a massive non-profit student night organised completely by students. Well I also mentioned that every year they have a theme, and this time it was CLUB TROPICANA. This got me thinking about tropical prints and how they have been, well everywhere. 


Resort 2012 certainly saw a whole lotta Hawaiian print come down the runway from Stella McCartney to Versace to Gucci. And then there's the Maarten Van Der Horst collaboration with Topshop and the Versace collab with H&M.











Maarten Van Der Horst for Topshop
Stella McCartney
Gucci
Versace for H&M


I love the 80's vibe that can be channeled with this trend. And how you immediately think of the beach and palm trees and fruity drinks! 


And of course the WHAM! song...



No comments:

Post a Comment