Wednesday 30 January 2013

Django Unchained


So as with many, I am a fan of Tarantino and his epic films. The cast is always stella and the story is always bloody. His latest offering Django Unchained follows this same formula, starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz (who I love he definitely made the film for me), Leonardo DiCaprio (the first film in 16 years in which he is credited third not first), Samuel L. Jackson, Kerry Washington, as well as a cameo from Tarantino himself. And boy was it gory. 

All in all I did enjoy the movie. Enjoy not love. As many have been saying it is simply 'Inglorious Bastards but with slaves'. The formula is almost too tried and tested. The core story line was weak. But the dialogue was fantastic, largely due to Christoph Waltz who killed it once again.


Would I recommend it? Of course, because at the end of the day, what do I know?!

No comments:

Post a Comment