Friday 14 December 2012

On The Road


So last night I went to a preview of On The Road with some friends. I'm a sucker for anything free, especially when it's coupled with a opening speech from the director and appearance from the cast. That aside I was really looking forward to seeing the movie. I know that it has received some mixed reviews, taking on a classic novel is no easy task. It is for this reason that when Walter Salles was approached to direct the adaptation, it took him 8 years and a whole lot of miles, travelling all over the United States to truly capture the spirit in which the novel was penned. 



The premiere was at the School of Visual Arts Theatre, particularly fitting considering Jack Kerouac wrote the book a mere three blocks away. Dunst wore Dior, Stewart chose Erdem. Both looked stunning and the whole experience validated my huge girl crush on Kirsten Dunst. And the boys were beautiful, obviously. 

Now onto the movie. I really enjoyed it, it's totally my kind of film, one that compels you to evaluate your life and makes you want to pick up and go explore. In my opinion no one was more suited than Salles to make this movie. He captured the essence of the characters and had some incredible close up shots. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience and I do recommend giving the film a watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment