Monday 7 May 2012

Trouser Suits

Trousers suits seem to be everywhere at the moment and I wish I could buy one and actually have somewhere to wear it to. I've always been a fan of the tuxedo look on a woman, sort of classic and powerful without losing any sexiness. Kate Moss recently wore a silver two-piece suit at a charity event, her take on what is shaping up to be a big trend - metallic. 
But it's not just metallic, pastel is also having a moment - I'm particularly liking this one from The Kooples:

Bright colours are also a hot look:

The look originally found fame in the form of Yves Saint Laurent and Le Smoking tuxedo, famously photographed by Helmut Newton - arguably one of my all time favourite fashion photographs. What Le Smoking stands for - minimalism, androgyny, power - was especially poignant at the time. I love the slicked back hair in Newton's photograph and what the symbolism of it, the feeling of liberation for women from the constraints of 'feminine' fashion.

All in all a fascinating outfit in my opinion - I just can't get enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment