Friday 27 April 2012

Big Bright Bold

I wear a lot of black. I mean whole black outfits. For some reason I am always drawn to the colour which is why it's strange that many of my loves are centred around colour, big bright and bold. For example, Pedro Almodovar, arguable the most well known spanish film director, who LOVES the use of strong, vibrant colours in his work - reference Volver, starring Penelope Cruz (who is a million times better in her native language).






In art I too love the use of colour. Monet with his famous 'Waterlilies, Green Reflection' and 'The Artist's Garden at Giverny' - I could stare for days at his smudgy paintings. When thinking about colour in art it is impossible not to mention Andy Warhol and the Marilyn Monroe prints which have been replicated numerous amounts of times. And Odilon Redon's 'Pandora' which I was lucky enough to see at the Met.







The same is true when it comes to designers. Although it is everywhere, no one does it quite like Mary Katrantzou, a greek designer who creates the most mesmerising prints - her Fall 2011 collection was a personal favourite of mine, the shapes, the images....perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment